<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://geneageek.uk/blog

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Geneageek: Commercial Inn

Sunday 7 April 2013

Commercial Inn

I had some credits to spare at 'Find My Past' so I trawled the newspapers and found a death notice for George WREFORD's daughter, Harriet in 1858.



April 29, at Witheridge, aged 7 years, Harriet, second daughter of Mr. George Wreford, Commercial Inn.

It seems my WREFORDs may not have run the Hare and Hounds after all (see previous post, Pub Crawl). Although it is possible they could have run both during their life in Witheridge - this has been the only time I've found where the inn was named.

The Commercial Inn in Witheridge,Devonshire closed sometime after 1894. The Witheridge Historical Archive website has a gap between the 1850 and 1878 directories for the inn's keepers and I'm still yet to find a directory for the area circa 1861.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home