<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://geneageek.uk/blog

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Geneageek: Twins

Friday 13 August 2010

Twins

At the end of my last post, I mentioned that I had no idea that Alexander Ritchie BUCHAN had a brother called John. 

I did a 'parent search' on familysearch.org for Alex's parents, Charles and Jessie (nee RITCHIE) and up he popped! While checking the information, I noticed that his birth date was identical to brother William's but perhaps this was confused with a christening date (children were sometimes baptised in 'bunches').

I managed to download the birth entry on Scotlands People and sure enough, John and William were twins!
Birth record of Charles & William BUCHAN, Peterhad 1868

Anyone else found twins in their families?  I think this was the first instance I've come across.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home