<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://geneageek.uk/blog

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Geneageek: I Feel the Need... the Need for FOCUS

Sunday 14 March 2010

I Feel the Need... the Need for FOCUS

I've been MIA the last few weeks as I travelled back to Australia for my brother's wedding (which was lovely).
Sadly, my grandmother's health has deteriorated and she has now moved to Sydney to be closer to my uncle. (Interestingly, she is a direct descendant of the BUCHAN lunatics I've been blogging about and is also suffering from senility). 

However, this move uncovered many photograph albums that I think even grandma had forgotten existed.  She told me once that she had thrown out all her old photos because she didn't think anyone was interested (!).  Happily, this has turned out not to be the case and I pored over loads of antique photographs of her life (which until now I had never seen).  More on those when I have access to a scanner...


image via doubleday

In other news, I am currently reading a new book entitled, 'Tasmania's Convicts' by Alison Alexander, which I found whilst in Australia.  I am less than halfway through but find it addictive reading and am happy to recommend it to anyone researching convict ancestors in Van Diemen's Land.  It even mentions my ancestor Elizabeth ALLEN (very briefly) who was transported there in 1843 for stealing a shawl.

My brother has just returned from his honeymoon in Tasmania, where he had spent part of it 'researching' at Port Arthur. I hope to receive some information from him in the near future.

My head is swimming with genealogy right now so I've decided to focus on my convict ancestors for a while to give me a bit of focus.  No doubt when I get this scanner, I'll be flitting around again though.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger GeniAus said...

Thanks for the reading recommendation - have put this on my "Wanted" List

14 March 2010 at 22:09  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home